Maxime Dumas, Jr. Eng.
Ph.D. student at the Human Interfaces For Interactive Visualization Lab (HIFIV).
I am a Ph.D. student at École de Technologie Supérieure under the supervision of Prof. Michael J. McGuffin. My research interests are Information Visualization and Human Computer Interaction. I am especially interested in finance related projects. I am currently working in partnership with Croesus Finansoft, a leader in portfolio management & CRM solutions. We are working on novel interaction and visualization techniques to explore financial data. My project is specifically oriented toward portfolio performance analysis and attribution.
I completed my master's in 2012 under the supervision of Prof. Jean-Marc Robert and Prof. Michael J. McGuffin. The title of my thesis was "AlertWheel : Visualisation radiale de graphes bipartis appliquée aux systèmes de détection d'intrusions sur des réseaux informatiques". Our tool allows a user to visually analyze simultaneously several thousand alerts generated by an intrusion detection systems (IDS). We also proposed a novel technique to visually represent bipartite graphs.
- 2012-Present - Ph.D. - IT engineering - Information visualization applied to financial engineering - École de Technologie Supérieure
- 2011-2012 - Software Developer - Croesus Finansoft
- 2010-2011 - M. Eng. - IT engineering - Information visualization applied to network security - École de Technologie Supérieure
- 2006-2010 - B. Eng. - Software Engineering - École de Technologie Supérieure
- 2003-2006 - DEC, Computer Science Technology - CEGEP de Saint-Jérôme
Distinctions, awards and scholarships
- 2012 - Industrial Innovation Scholarship - BMP Innovation - Ph.D. - 3 years (CRSNG/FQRNT)
- 2012 - Excellence scholarship for graduate students - Ph.D. - 3 years (ETS)
- 2010 - Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master's (CRSNG)
- 2010 - Master's research scholarship (FQRNT)
- 2010 - Excellence scholarship for graduate students - Master's - 2 years (ETS)
- 2009 - Undergraduate Student Research Awards - BRPC (CRSNG)
- 2009 - Undergraduate excellence scholarship (ETS)
- 2008 - Undergraduate excellence scholarship (ETS)
- 2007 - Undergraduate excellence scholarship (ETS)
- 2006 - Canada Millennium Scholarship (Government of Canada)
- 2006 - CIS scholarship – Best results for 2006 cohort (CIS Group)
- 2003 - Governor General’s Bronze Academic Medal (Government of Canada)